Mistral AI is a platform that assembles teams to develop generative AI models.
- The company offers text-based model applications in art generation, content creation, chatbots and virtual assistants, language translation, and customer service.
- Mistral AI is headquartered in Paris, France.
Mistral AI has raised €105M ($113M) in total funding from 15 investors including Redpoint and Headline.
- The company’s last funding round was a Seed round on June 13, 2023.
- This became Europe's largest Seed round in history
Mistral AI was founded by Arthur, Guillaume Lample and Timothée Lacroix.
- Arthur is the CEO of Mistral AI. Guillaume Lample and Timothée Lacroix are the other two co-founders building the Mistral trio.
- They met as students when studying at École Polytechnique and École Normale Supérieure.
Mistral AI recently made its first large language model free for everyone, Mistral 7B, which is a 7.3B parameter model that:
- Outperforms Llama 2 13B on all benchmarks
- Outperforms Llama 1 34B on many benchmarks
Open source large language models.