Stability AI is a London-based startup founded in 2019 by Emad Mostaque. The company specializes in designing and implementing open AI tools for image, language, audio, video, 3D, and biology.
Stability AI’s mission is to accelerate open-source foundational AI by providing a platform for researchers and developers to create innovative applications.
AI safety and research company.
Stability AI’s core product is Stable Diffusion, an image-generating AI system that uses a diffusion process to create high-quality images.
- The company has also developed SDXL 1.0, a text-to-image generation model that is available as an open model.
- Stability AI also released an open source language model, Stable LM
Recent & Total Funding Information
Stability AI has raised $123 million in funding to date.
- The company raised a convertible note round on May 1, 2023 of $25 million
- In October 2022, Stability AI raised $101 million in a funding round led by Coatue and Lightspeed Venture Partners with participation from O’Shaughnessy Ventures
Emad Mostaque is the founder and CEO of Stability AI. He graduated from Oxford with a master’s in mathematics and computer science and worked as an analyst at various hedge funds before founding Stability AI in 2019.
- In August 2022, Stability AI co-launched the first release of Stable Diffusion, a pioneering text-to-image model.
- In September 2023, the company announced Stable Audio for AI music and sound generation