Welcome to our weekly roundup of the top stories & startups to watch in AI. This week we have stories on:
- AI startups raised $478M last week
- Google's new video generation model, Lumiere
Google Releases Lumiere - This Week in AI 🗞️
This week AI Google released Lumiere, a space-time diffusion model for video generation. Learn more below👇
Recently Funded AI Startups 🚀
AI startups raised a total of $478M in venture funding this past week. Here are a few of our favourite to watch.
ElevenLabs - Raised a $80M Series B Round
- What they do: Convert text to speech online for free with their AI voice generator. ElevenLabs researches and deploys novel methods in generative voice AI to make content in any language and voice. The company's mission is to make content universally accessible in any language and voice.
- Industries: Audio, Content Creators, Developer APIs, Publishing
- Location: Brooklyn, New York
Qdrant - Raised a $28M Series A Round
- What they do: Qdrant is an open-source vector database written in Rust. It deploys as an API service providing a search for the nearest high-dimensional vectors. With Qdrant, embeddings or neural network encoders can be turned into full-fledged applications for matching, searching, recommending, and much more.
- Industries: Vector Databse, Big Data, Cloud Data Services
- Location: Berlin, Germany
Axyon AI - Raised a $4.5M Seed Round
- What they do: Axyon AI leverages deep learning to create bespoke business applications for capital markets and asset management. The fintech has two core products: SynFinance brings AI-powered analytics and prediction to loans syndication. IRIS provides asset managers with customised prediction feeds to improve their performance strategies.
- Industries: Asset Management, Financial Services, Finance, Banking, Hedge Funds, Machine Learning, FinTech
- Location: Modena, Italy
Discover 2000+ AI startups
Discover & connect with 2000+ recently-funded AI startups in the MLQ app.
That's it for this edition of This Week in AI, if you were forwarded this newsletter and would like to receive it you can sign up below.