Welcome to our This Week in AI roundup. Our aim with this roundup is to provide an overview of the week's most important news, industry developments, and highlight recently-funded AI startups.
This week we have stories about the release of an open-source large language model trained on 176 billion parameters, AI-generated image solutions, and more.
💎 Top Stories
Introducing The World’s Largest Open Multilingual Language Model: BLOOM
BLOOM is an open-source multilingual language model that contains 176 billion parameters and can generate text in 46 natural languages and 13 programming languages. It is the result of the largest collaboration of AI researchers ever involved in a single research project. The model's capabilities will continue to improve as the workshop continues to experiment and tinker with the model. 💎
- 🌸Introducing The World’s Largest Open Multilingual Language Model: BLOOM🌸
- Understand BLOOM, the Largest Open-Access AI, and Run It on Your Local Computer
Stay up to date with AI
OpenAI expands beta access to DALL-E 2, its image-generating AI solution
OpenAI announced it would expand beta access to DALL-E 2 to over one million users. It also offered those users full usage rights to commercialize the images they create. The company's AI-powered imagery can come from graphic designers, video creators, PR firms and marketing teams.
🚀 Recently Funded AI Startups
Regression Games announces a 4.2M seed round
- Summary: Regression Games is an artificial intelligence-based competitive gaming is made accessible and enjoyable for everyone.
- Industries: Artificial Intelligence, Gaming
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
EvaBot announces a 10.8M Series A round
- Summary: By making it simple to deliver personalized presents, Eva aids businesses in developing genuine relationships with their customers.
- Industries: Artificial Intelligence, E-Commerce, Gifts, Virtual Assistant
- Location: San Mateo, California
That's it for this edition of This Week in AI, if you were forwarded this newsletter and would like to receive it you can sign up here.